Friday, August 23, 2013

Calvin Klein One 3-in-1 Face Makeup Review

          I'm not usually an expensive makeup kind of girl, but I had to get this. The lady at Ulta used this for my face and I fell in love. I think it was definitely worth the money and I'm glad I got it. She also used this beautiful cream and powder blush duo on me, but I decided not to get it. For starters, cream blush just doesn't want to work with me. It makes a big streaky pink blob on my face when I try it. Anyways, review.

        One thing I adored was the packaging. I mean, just look at it! It looks like an adorable little pill! The matte black part just feels so luxurious. It's a pretty good-sized amount, 1 fluid ounce for $30. Still a bit spendy, but oh well! I got the color 200 Fair, which is the second lightest color in the range. By the way, it really has a good range of colors.

         The pump is a nice applicator, even if it can be a bit problematic sometimes. The pump part is so short it's sometimes hard to get it all onto where I want it to go. Does that make any sense? Its still better than no applicator though, like with the Maybelline Fit Me foundation. I usually apply this by pumping some onto my hand and using a regular flat foundation brush.
       Here's a quick swatch of the color. This picture makes it look much more yellow than it is in real life. It's definitely warmer than this picture. Oh and, sorry that my skin looks so bad. A wonderful thing about this was the smell of the foundation. It's kind of hard to pinpoint it, but it smells lovely and unique. Almost like... this'll sound strange but it's like a mix between generic good cosmetic smell and a clean pool on a hot summer day smell. Doesn't make much sense, but that's the first thing that popped into my head smelling this. Also, it does have some sparkles in it, see?
           Hard to see, but those are sparkles. So, overall a nice foundation. As far as coverage I'd say it's between a light and a medium coverage. It does a good job covering the redness in my cheeks but it does need some help with my dark circles. It's pretty easy to work with and a little goes a long way. The sparkles don't show up on the face which is nice, it gives your face a nice matte look without looking cakey. It also doesn't rub off very easily. I would definitely recommend this to anyone who wants a nice foundation and doesn't mind the price!
          So what do you think of this foundation? Do you think it's worth the big price tag? Feel free to comment below and/or message me. Thank you for reading my blog!
Disclaimer:I bought all the products above with my own very limited budget of money. Also, my opinions are my own and not bought with money mostly because that'd be a giant waste of money.

No comments:

Post a Comment